MSORSM Presentation at Pre-APORS
With the theme, “OR: Continuing Relevance in Challenging Times”, this online conference seeks to bring together OR researchers, academicians and practitioners, whose collective work has sustained continuing OR contribution to decision-making in the past and now, in the new normal.
The 2020 pre-APORS Conference aims to provide an online forum where:
- Practitioners will share their experiences on the problems, methodologies and outcomes of applying OR to solve real-world problems;
- Decision-makers will share new applications of OR in non-traditional areas;
- OR workers will discuss pertinent academic-, theoretical- and application- oriented issues;
- Decision-makers could gain insights from experiences of others who have benefited from the use of OR in the public and private sectors; and
- Everyone will be given the opportunity to exchange ideas on how OR can help deal with the current pressing issues.
Why call it a pre-APORS Conference?
The Association of Asia Pacific Operations Research Societies (APORS) is a regional grouping of the International Federation of Operational Research Societies (IFORS). Because of the current pandemic, the APORS conference slated for November 2021 has been moved to 2022 to make way for the postponed IFORS conference that should have been held in July, 2020. This is online conference is an effort to keep the APORS and the iFORS connections on going even in these challenging times.
We have our Vice President, Associate Professor Dr Zulkifli Mohd Nopiah representing MSORSM.